Where even high-precision CMMs find the going tough, the
MFK 600 impresses with its unique capabilities.
- No-compromise mechanical design
- All form parameters can be measured
- Diameter and distance too
- Accepted as the reference in the industry
- Saves money due to automation
The Formtester MFK 600 consists of cleverly designed interchangeable modules
which guarantee flexible application and easy adaptation to any measuring
problem. The Formtester rests on a vibration and distortion free granite base.
Its highly precise horizontal surface forms the datum for measurement. The
workpiece loading table, with its air bearings, supports and guides heavy
workpieces on the granite base.
- Universal form measuring station with large measuring
- 5 measuring and 2 alignment axes for the measurement
form and position
- Rotating probe and automatic component positioning
easy handling and rapid alignment
- Air bearings reduce maintenance and provide continuous
- Safety probes prevent damage and enable multiple
- Large loading area for large components or groups of
- Roundness unit with automatic adjustment to the
diameter, even with
- Straightness measurements in the 3 main axes (Z, X, Y)
Roundness measuring unit
The roundness measuring unit consists of the measuring spindle (C-axis) and an
axis for automatically setting the probe to the diameter of the workpiece. With
roundness measurements, the r-axis moves the probe along the workpiece contour,
even for eccentric deviation exceeding the probe range.
Straightness measuring unit
The accuracy of the horizontal straightness measuring unit is guaranteed
irrespective of the size, shape and weight of the workpiece, by the fact that
the load air bearings and the guide bearings are separated from each other.
Moreover, the vertical straightness unit (Z-axis) guides the roundness measuring
unit along a granite surface.
Alignment axes (A and B)
Integrated into the workpiece loading table for aligning workpieces
automatically within the measuring volume of the machine.
Automatic alignment functions permit continuous operation. Measurement data
processing parallel to measurement data acquisition greatly reduces measuring
times. An extensive programme of accessories completes the universal measuring
system and extends the range of application,
e. g. into surface roughness.
MFK 600 - especially suitable for checking motor blocks,
cylinder heads, transmission cases, elements of hydraulics, crankshafts and
camshafts. Workpiece evaluation as per ISO 1101.
- Form measurement on cylindrical features (cylinder
bore, crank bore, shafts): roundness, straightness, cylindricity
- Form measurement on flat features (seals and planes on
head, block, thrust face): perpendicularity, straightness, flatness, total
- Distance measurements possible: cylinder bores, valve
- Diameter measurement possible: bores, pins, bearings
- Additional movement axes, e. g. rotating the workpiece
during the measurement, can be added any time. With these additional axes even
the most complex measuring problems e. g. series measurements on V-shaped
motor blocks can be performed fully automatically!